- Vibration Sensor
- 1x 3V CR2477 Lithium Battery (in device)
- Quick Guide
- Installation Accessories
The vibration sensor detects vibration movements on the surface in which it has been mounted by the included double-sided adhesive strip. These can be glass panels, but also sliding doors or other objects that can be shaken or create vibrations or experience through movement. The Smart Home application of QIVICON-based systems signals these shocks as a movement.
The ideal location for the installation depends on the object to be monitored, but also on the environmental conditions.
- In a window, the sensor must be installed either in a corner or in the center. In the case of the corner assembly, the distance must be at least 1 cm to the two edges. The maximum detection diagonal of the sensor is 1.20 m.
- When mounted in a safe, the sensor must be located on the door or on the side, but in any case no more than 2 cm from the hinge.
In any case, be sure to connect the sensor to a clean, dry surface.
To use this product, you need a Smart Home system that supports ZigBee wireless protocol.
- Remove the flap that protects the battery during transport.
- Follow the instructions in the Connection Wizard to add new devices that you will find in your Smart Home system's application or Web interface.
If the Connection Wizard is unavailable, do the following:
- Put the Smart Home system in connection mode to add new devices.
- Hold the function button on the side of the sensor for about 10 seconds with a pointed object until the red LED on the front light up briefly once.
- During the search, the LED will light red once every 10 seconds. If the LED flashes 2 times, the device has successfully logged on to your Smart Home system.
- If the sensor is registered in the Intelligent Home system, you can set the vibration sensor to test mode. This is useful for choosing the optimal installation location before installing it. To start the test mode, press and hold the function button for 5 seconds. In test mode, the LED flashes every 2 seconds. When motion is detected, the LED stays on for 2 seconds. The test mode is automatically terminated after 1 minute.
Reset or re-learn:
To use the sensor in another system or when replacing the gateway or radio device, it is sufficient to follow the process of adding new devices to your system. Once the installation process has been successfully completed, the sensor will no longer connect to the system in which it was previously registered.
To replace the battery, open the battery compartment on the sensor side and replace the battery with a model of the same type (lithium CR2477 3V), taking into account the polarity. It is not necessary to re-register the sensor.
In case of connection problems, please use SMaBiT smart plugs, repeaters or wall-mount relays in order to increase the range of the ZigBee radio network. For further information and for product support, please consult
- Vibration Sensor
- LED for status display
- Power CR2477 3V-Lithium battery
- 2-years battery life
- Operating temperature-10 °c to + 50 °c
- Dimensions-as 42x16 mm
- Humidity: up to 85% non-condensing
- Weight without batteries 40 g
- ZigBee Standard Radio HA 1.2, 2.4 GHz
Made in Taiwan.